Rondo Library Renaissance-Public Art for the Rondo Community Library
Seeking an artist/artist team who lives, works or is connected to the Rondo and/or Frogtown neighborhoods in Saint Paul to create and install a large permanent public artwork on the exterior of the Rondo Community Library. This RFQ will consist of a two-part process, with an initial response to this RFQ due in October. Finalists will receive a stipend to prepare a full proposal. Selected artist/artist team will receive $40,000 to cover all expenses related to creating and installing artwork on the Rondo Library.
Easy to share one page flyer here!
See complete timeline here
- Artists/artist teams of any discipline who live, work or have a demonstrable connection to the Rondo and/or Frogtown community/neighborhood.
- Artists/teams are not required to have previous public art experience, but will need to demonstrate ability to complete a large project.
- Artists/teams who work in mediums other than visual art are encouraged to apply if they are interested in creating permanent public art. See above.
Note on artist teams: By artist team we mean 2 or more lead artists working together on the artistic aspects of the commission. If you are hiring a technical consultant or fabricator, they would not need to be considered part of an artist team.
Responses to RFQ will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Quality of artist’s past work as demonstrated in the submitted materials.
- Indication that artist has expertise to undertake project or can demonstrate a plan for accessing outside expertise to successfully complete project.
- Artist’s experience engaging community in their process.
From submitted responses to the RFQ, a panel of artists and representatives from the community/library will select 4 artist finalists. Finalists will receive a stipend of $1000 to create a full proposal to be presented to the panel. One artist/ artist team will be selected to create the art.